Why didn't Mike just create an option to have his page red or blue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

davidmucca
Academy Player
User Points : 92
Posting Flair : 0

Postdavidmucca Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:00 am

Neutral

Is he totally against the red thing then?
TH63
TH63
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 146
Posting Flair : 50

PostTH63 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:14 am

Mike has been very even handed IMHO.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:17 am

Yeah, Mike isn't up for the changes but he's been incredibly reasonable about the whole thing, it's why he's run such a successful board for so long.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:19 am

Mike has always done his best with the forum. The problem is the influx of idiots on there and the constant bullying of members from others who think they are possessive of extreme amounts of whit and intelligence. Whenever you try to reason with someone on that board you get a few who are intent on ruining the experience and instead of debating properly the forum gets ruined and often leads to abuse.

I feel sorry for Mike, I honestly do.
BigREDbird
BigREDbird
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2711
Posting Flair : 80

PostBigREDbird Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 am

TH63 wrote:Mike has been very even handed IMHO.

Same can't be said about his mods, deleted a very evenly opinionated thread on this new forum. No abuse.

Apparently it's just the same boring stuff.....but feel free to bore if you're pro blue...
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 am

Assuming CCMB is a business entity, from a purely financial point of view it is commercial suicide to back a minority opinion.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:55 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Yeah, Mike isn't up for the changes but he's been incredibly reasonable about the whole thing, it's why he's run such a successful board for so long.

But it appears that the formation of a 'third way' message board that would appeal to the majority of Cardiff City fans, has set the cat amongst the pigeons.
TH63
TH63
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 146
Posting Flair : 50

PostTH63 Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:04 am

•••••••™ wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Yeah, Mike isn't up for the changes but he's been incredibly reasonable about the whole thing, it's why he's run such a successful board for so long.

But it appears that the formation of a 'third way' message board that would appeal to the majority of Cardiff City fans, has set the cat amongst the pigeons.
IMHO, the "cat" is people going onto ccmb talking about this site. I intend to use both, well mainly this one until the trolls get bored of ruining ccmb. I have a lot of respect for ccmb, Mike and 99% of the posters on ccmb, that site has given me hours of pleasure and I'm not going to turn on them just because of a minority of fols at either end of the colour divide
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:09 am

TH63 wrote:
•••••••™ wrote:

IMHO, the "cat" is people going onto ccmb talking about this site. I intend to use both, well mainly this one until the trolls get bored of ruining ccmb. I have a lot of respect for ccmb, Mike and 99% of the posters on ccmb, that site has given me hours of pleasure and I'm not going to turn on them just because of a minority of fols at either end of the colour divide

Yes TH63 - thanks for this. I actually fully agree with you - I have a lot of respect for Mike! CCMB was amazing (prior to the rebranding!)...it was just the constant fighting that drove me to create this forum. I hope that after everything settles down both of the forums (ours and ccmb) will be able to thrive..
Freitag415
Freitag415
Academy Player
User Points : 90
Posting Flair : 20

PostFreitag415 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:15 am

Why didn't Mike just create an option to have his page red or blue? 833362651

I'm thinking this forum could actually kick ass.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:00 am

Rhys wrote:
TH63 wrote:
•••••••™ wrote:

Yes TH63 - thanks for this. I actually fully agree with you - I have a lot of respect for Mike! CCMB was amazing (prior to the rebranding!)...it was just the constant fighting that drove me to create this forum. I hope that after everything settles down both of the forums (ours and ccmb) will be able to thrive..

This is the first real crisis he has faced, and he has backed the wrong horse IMO. Yes, MM is a very reasonable and tolerant man, but the same cannot be said of his lieutenant, who seems to be driving the agenda and pushing the board towards total disintegration.

Very sad, but it's easier to see the problems from the outside looking in.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:04 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
This is the first real crisis he has faced, and he has backed the wrong horse IMO. Yes, MM is a very reasonable and tolerant man, but the same cannot be said of his lieutenant, who seems to be driving the agenda and pushing the board towards total disintegration.

^^^^ This Why didn't Mike just create an option to have his page red or blue? 1525230823
Rich Munn
Academy Player
User Points : 144
Posting Flair : 60

PostRich Munn Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 am

TH63 wrote:
•••••••™️ wrote:

I agree entirely. Great board run by a man who is entirely in favour of free speech.

Needs to calm down though. The board, not Mike!

Crying or Very sad
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 am

We should be focusing on what unites us rather than divides us, things such as liking football and riding our bikes.

CCFCBULL
CCFCBULL
Academy Player
User Points : 31
Posting Flair : 10

PostCCFCBULL Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:09 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:We should be focusing on what unites us rather than divides us, things such as liking football and riding our bikes.

100% agree.

Love riding my bike, and I also think football's ok. Why didn't Mike just create an option to have his page red or blue? 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum