View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Caer y Glyn here. West Wales based missionary though hailing from and still working in Cardiff. For the record I would not have chosen red and would still prefer we play in the blue kit of 1977! Having said that there are over 40 million reasons why Vincent Tan might think differently and his ongoing support is critical and the goal of becoming debt free is arguably more important than anything else otherwise our very future is under constant threat.
However I struggle to believe that the colour change has any degree of permanence and predict we will be back in blue within two seasons - another reason why I cant get worked up about this!
When eventually ownership changes from Malaysia and it will, the new owner will take great delight in taking us back to blue - an easy PR coup.
In years to come we will look back I hope fondly on the 'red' years as an interesting phase in our history.
If as I doubt we stay red then that can mean only one thing - the most successful phase in our history is about to commence.
Either way you could argue it's a win win!
A couple of final comments.
I absolutely despise the attention seeking antics and woe is me tragi-comedy of those artificially prominent fans who are using this crisis to draw attention to themselves and destabilise the club. Pathetic marches and protests are very 1970s and counter productive at best. If it so offends you stay home and shut up. Leave the rest to support Cardiff City. Not a problem.
Finally the design of this red shirt is lousy which is a real pity. Sadly the Jack away kit is far smarter I hate to say. Introduction 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 pm

:laughingabit: Hi! What an opener!
TH63
TH63
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 146
Posting Flair : 50

PostTH63 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Caer y Glyn wrote:Caer y Glyn here. West Wales based missionary though hailing from and still working in Cardiff. For the record I would not have chosen red and would still prefer we play in the blue kit of 1977! Having said that there are over 40 million reasons why Vincent Tan might think differently and his ongoing support is critical and the goal of becoming debt free is arguably more important than anything else otherwise our very future is under constant threat.
However I struggle to believe that the colour change has any degree of permanence and predict we will be back in blue within two seasons - another reason why I cant get worked up about this!
When eventually ownership changes from Malaysia and it will, the new owner will take great delight in taking us back to blue - an easy PR coup.
In years to come we will look back I hope fondly on the 'red' years as an interesting phase in our history.
If as I doubt we stay red then that can mean only one thing - the most successful phase in our history is about to commence.
I absolutely despise the attention seeking antics and woe is me tragi-comedy of those artificially prominent fans who are using this crisis to draw attention to themselves and destabilise the club. Pathetic marches and protests are very 1970s and counter productive at best. If it so offends you stay home and shut up. Leave the rest to support Cardiff City. Not a problem.
Finally the design of this red shirt is lousy which is a real pity. Sadly the Jack away kit is far smarter I hate to say. Introduction 833362651

Ignored the "Introduce yourself" sticky and starts own thread - Reported Attention Seeker :laughingabit:
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! Introduction 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm

TH63 wrote:
Caer y Glyn wrote:Caer y Glyn here. West Wales based missionary though hailing from and still working in Cardiff. For the record I would not have chosen red and would still prefer we play in the blue kit of 1977! Having said that there are over 40 million reasons why Vincent Tan might think differently and his ongoing support is critical and the goal of becoming debt free is arguably more important than anything else otherwise our very future is under constant threat.

Ignored the "Introduce yourself" sticky and starts own thread - Reported Attention Seeker :laughingabit:

:laughingabit:

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm

As a missionary in West Wales, is it your job to teach the savages how to speak English properly, and to move them out of their caves/caravans into proper shelters?

:takeyourcoat:
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927

PostCaer y Glyn Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm

That's not West Wales! That's Swansea an hour east of here! Apologies for missing the Intro section.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Caer y Glyn wrote:That's not West Wales! That's Swansea an hour east of here! Apologies for missing the Intro section.

No problems, I think they should give you your very own forum section Introduction 1525230823 lol!
Penarth Blues
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 160

PostPenarth Blues Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:57 am

Agree with all of that, especially the win-win bit, except the fans part - there is genuine hurt there and they are using the forums to air it - I have some of those worries and concerns myself. However the effect is still the same - they are diverting resources away from trying to move the club forward. If they do achieve a change of colour back to blue I'll be happy with that but not if it means we lose the chance for some long-term stability finally.

In the end I think all most City fans want is a club to follow over a season that has a reasonable chance of being successful and plays good football. If we'd wanted success at all costs we'd have followed someone else.

Welcome to the forum Introduction 1525230823
TH63
TH63
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 146
Posting Flair : 50

PostTH63 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am

Caer y Glyn wrote:That's not West Wales! That's Swansea an hour east of here! Apologies for missing the Intro section.
only joking mate
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top