Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:25 am

First topic message reminder :

The club have just released a statement about the rebranding of the stadium

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2813352,00.html

There is talk of a fans representative group....do you think that we significant enough yet to put one of you guys forward for the panel?

Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 am

:laughingabit: Can't believe I missed the spikes on the back of the neck! I would have bet money on 2 and 3 being the same :takeyourcoat:
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:39 am

karlmp wrote:propabably a good idea if i explain the 3 designs.. there just one.. the badge started as red, but i decided not enough blue.. then added blue.. had a comment about having spikes on the neck and so they were added to finish the design.. the end lol..

Karlmpayne

Ooohhh yes - the spikes, I see them now! Yes option 3 is my favourite too actually

Hey Karl - great designs btw Club Statement - Page 2 1525230823

Thanks for explaining them - have you received any feedback from the club about them? It would be a great personal honour I guess if you got to design the clubs new badge!
karlmp

Postkarlmp Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 am

thanks mate
karlmp

Postkarlmp Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 am

im in contact, but not been to see them as of yet..
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 am

Why not register Karl? We have quite a few people who comment across the mb's already- you would be very welcome! We are characterised by our friendliness! Club Statement - Page 2 833362651
karlmp

Postkarlmp Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 am

yeah will do
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 am

karlmp wrote:yeah will do

In the words of the Colonel..

"WWAAHEEYYY Club Statement - Page 2 833362651 Club Statement - Page 2 833362651 Club Statement - Page 2 3210875682 Club Statement - Page 2 1525230823 Club Statement - Page 2 534202034 "
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1075
Posting Flair : 130

PostAlbany Blue Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Interesting but positive statement. I certainly like RedIsTheWays ideas, it'll be nice having the stadium to ourselves in order to show our history and hopefully make it look better overall :laughingabit:
Escape Goat Boris
Escape Goat Boris
Academy Player
User Points : 152
Posting Flair : 10

PostEscape Goat Boris Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Personally I think this is a hugely positive development from within the club.

It does smell a little of damage limitation but I see some massive positives. We know the predominant colour of the kit will be red, but with some genuine insight shown by the fanbase, a fusion of blue/red or even the addition of blue to the main kit is surely possible?

The historical stadium branding is a great idea. We, the fans, get a say in what we would like to see. There have been some truly great moments with the City but if you asked each fan for a top three, no two fans would have the same idea. If fifty examples were put to the vote and the top twenty five picked then at least people will have had a chance to air their opinion.

Karls badge is an absolute no brainer, as it currently stands, but who knows what will have been designed a year from now.

People moan about atmosphere all the time but very few are constructive or have approached the club in the past with constructive crticism, other than 'move the canton and the family stands', which appeals to about a hundred people.

From this survey, working group delegates will be randomly selected from those who would like to constructively and openly talk about each area in depth with club officials. We will also be contacting the Cardiff City Supporters Club and the Supporters Trust concerning the delegates they would like to attend. The end, once and for all of the inner circle, one can only hope.

There will be some who say that this is all too little, all too late but how many other clubs will actually get this chance? I know from TH63 posts on CCMB that there is a 'fans liaison officer' role that is now mandated by UEFA, but ho wmany will have the genuine scope that we have been offered here. Change must be embraced as it is going to happen. If we can shape even a little of it that must be a good thing.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 pm

A meeting has been arranged for Premier Club members on the 28th June at CCS. Letters have already been sent out inviting members to attend.
Rich Munn
Academy Player
User Points : 144
Posting Flair : 60

PostRich Munn Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Rhys wrote:
The club have just released a statement about the rebranding of the stadium

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2813352,00.html

There is talk of a fans representative group....do you think that we significant enough yet to put one of you guys forward for the panel?

While I welcome this. I hate the language that is used. It's jolly management speak.

"Discussions on kit and crest developments will be based on existing parameters."

Does that mean red tops and the new badge? I'm pretty good at the English language, even if I say so myself, but obfuscatory gobbledygook like that doesn't help on this sensitive issue.

Anyway, it seems that the club is going out of its way to stress the importance of supporters' input, which is a good thing.

Club Statement - Page 2 833362651
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum