I went to Cheltenham last night.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I gotta say it's got me excited about the new season.
I'll agree with another post i just seen that the defence started off shakey, particularly Hudson who was having a bit of a mare for the first 15 minutes.
After we scored the first goal we settled into a pattern and completely dominated. Our passing and composure on the ball at times was a joy to watch. (though against a lower league team)

We played with a fluid midfield like we tried to adopt in the first half of last season. All four of them were comfortable coming deep and collecting the ball of the defence. Kiss looks more confident and definitely looks like he's benefitted from a year finding his feet. He could be a big player for us this year in certainly the most competitive midfield i've ever witnessed down the city!

Fair play to earnie, i have been one of his biggest critics since his return, but i thought last night he looked very sharp. He wasnt holding on to the ball too much or looking to score everytime he had the ball but was willing to come deep and get involved in a lot of the good link up play.

I thought Conway and Ralls were outstanding. Conway looked a constant threat and his delivery from corners was superb! He looks as if he is leaner this year and wanting to prove himself. Ralls gardly ever lost possession and looked totally comfortable on the ball, using the ball well everytime he had it.

Etien done ok. His movement off the ball was excellent but i feel he still needs some time to adapt to english football. i dont think he'll be the our answer to play as a lone striker tho but i think he'll definitely be a good signing.

My man of the match was Whitts tho. the guy just oozes class. Some of his passing last night was sublime! his form dipped last year as he got more and more tired but with the help of mutch, kimbo and bellamy this could be a great year for him.

Out of the youngsters who came on st luce was the pick of the bunch tho every one of them did well. I couldn't so many were so quick to write some of them off aftwr 45 minutes on saturday, to me it just shows that these people have never kicked a ball in their life!

Anyway a good nights workout and good preparation before the big kick off. I went to Cheltenham last night..... 833362651
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Cheers THG.
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 pm

I went to Cheltenham last night..... 833362651 Good write up, thanks

Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks for that, Excellent stuff! I went to Cheltenham last night..... 1525230823
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:

Out of the youngsters who came on st luce was the pick of the bunch tho every one of them did well. I couldn't so many were so quick to write some of them off aftwr 45 minutes on saturday, to me it just shows that these people have never kicked a ball in their life!

Translation please I went to Cheltenham last night..... 4228682415
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Yo no lo podía muchas fueron tan rápidos para escribir algunos de ellos fuera de aftwr 45 minutos el sábado, para mí eso demuestra que estas personas nunca han pateado una pelota en su vida!
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Judge dRed wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Sorry mate, it meant to say i couldn't believe so many were so quick to write them off after 45 minutes on saturday! (i hope i haven't got it wrong again cos i'm writing on my phone and it won't let me see what i have already written)

I went onto one city messageboard after the forest green game and there was one thread, "that number 34"

I opened it and jesse darko and oshijala were getting absolutely caned and slated after one 45 minute performance and their first time to step up and play with the 1st team
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

You have my sympathy THG, I use my phone for this board all the time and the autocorrect in particular is an absolute killer, I have to edit virtually every post I write haha.

Great write up, your points about the youths mirror mine perfectly. Darko has been brilliant in youth competition for us, but because he didn't score a hat trick in his first ever senior game, he's called useless. It's ridiculous really.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks for the write-up.
I went to Cheltenham last night..... 1525230823
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Judge dRed wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Sorry mate, it meant to say i couldn't believe so many were so quick to write them off after 45 minutes on saturday! (i hope i haven't got it wrong again cos i'm writing on my phone and it won't let me see what i have already written)

I went onto one city messageboard after the forest green game and there was one thread, "that number 34"

I opened it and jesse darko and oshijala were getting absolutely caned and slated after one 45 minute performance and their first time to step up and play with the 1st team

Ah! makes perfect sense now I went to Cheltenham last night..... 2854552383 Thanks. I went to Cheltenham last night..... 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum