Why not just move Celtic into the English system?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 pm

It would be far easier to do that.

If they move Celtic into the English system, put Rangers into the third division then the Scottish Premier League will be the most competitive its been for years and make for a real spectacle on television. Rangers will never be the force they once were, or at least not for a good decade. As thats the case Celtic will walk the League. To stop that happening move Celtic in to the English system and make the SPL very competitive. Surely that would keep Sky happy right? I know there would be no old firm but the league as a whole will be more competitive and more interesting. Fans would switch on just to see who would win. I dont take interest much currently, haven't done for years, even with the Old Firm game because im not interested in a 2 horse race from day one to the final day of the season and not seeing quality football.

I'd have much more of an interest in the SPL if they moved Celtic out of it to make it more competitive. No question about that.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 am

Whoa there fella! This is waaaaaay too progressive a thought for a mere football fan to comprehend.

I think it could be good but as ever you'd have to convince fans and chairman that it could work and is in their best interests. Any thoughts on where and how Celtic would integrate? Presumably, one team extra would have to get knocked down into non-league and judging by the way City have competed against Celtic in previous friendlies, I think they are only a top-end Championship team too. As beneficial an idea as it could be I can't see Football League chairman buying into it.
BigREDbird
BigREDbird
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2711
Posting Flair : 80

PostBigREDbird Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:45 am

Scottish football would die. The Scottish FA know this an will not allow it!
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:50 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Whoa there fella! This is waaaaaay too progressive a thought for a mere football fan to comprehend.

I think it could be good but as ever you'd have to convince fans and chairman that it could work and is in their best interests. Any thoughts on where and how Celtic would integrate? Presumably, one team extra would have to get knocked down into non-league and judging by the way City have competed against Celtic in previous friendlies, I think they are only a top-end Championship team too. As beneficial an idea as it could be I can't see Football League chairman buying into it.

I think many fans would love the prospect of a league fixture at Celtic Park. Their fans are passionate, its a different away day out and a big historic stadium. They would be a great addition to the league and no doubt would become a televised fixture quite often. I think the problem lies in whether the SFA would sanction such a move. I believe to keep going they would have to if Sky pull out as Celtic would crumble anyway.
BigREDbird
BigREDbird
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostBigREDbird Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:52 am

No sky, a shite Rangers and no Celtic would honestly kill the Scottish game! They won't allow it!
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 am

BigREDbird wrote:No sky, a shite Rangers and no Celtic would honestly kill the Scottish game! They won't allow it!

No sky and no Rangers will kill it as it'll become uncompetitive due to Celtic walking the title making it a foregone conclusion every year.

The only way to balance things up would to remove Celtic from the system. That would mean any club in the league has a fighting chance of winning it as Celtic wont be there to walk the title. Its win/win for all concerned.

If Celtic stay in the Scottish system with no Rangers and no Sky then it'll be the worst league in the world to watch. I would quite happily stick £100 on Celtic winning the title for the next 4 years if its the case.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:01 am

RedIsTheWay wrote: I would quite happily stick £100 on Celtic winning the title for the next 4 years if its the case.

Wait, hang on! What are we discussing this for? Let's just do this instead.
BigREDbird
BigREDbird
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostBigREDbird Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 am

It's a compete pile of s**t league already! The SFA are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum