View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:54 am

I'm not going to slag the club off, at least they are doing something, but this does sound a bit lame. But then one thing City excels at is being lame and half-arsed, so at least they are consistent.

Some live music, rides and a hog roast is ok at a wedding do, but the re opening of a football stadium?

I would like to see the first team doing menial tasks that they aren't used to like giving haircuts, washing cars and carrying out minor surgery.

Arm wrestling against Filip Kiss, Rudy teaching conversational French, Super Kev's Bike Maintenance Workshop, how to nick the wireless out of a Ford Focus with Darcy Blake, spliff rolling with Whitts etc.

Also you can pay £1 to take a run up and kick Ben Turner in the nuts - £20 prize if he flinches.

Any other ideas?

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 am

How about playing a football match?
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 am

Why is everyone on a huge downer about the things the club do to try and drum up a bit of goodwill? They've made some changes to the stadium and want to show the fans what they've done by inviting them down to the stadium for a FREE event!

Compare that kind of marketing with the last game at the Ninian Park 'celebration' and it's at least a step in the right direction.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:06 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Why is everyone on a huge downer about the things the club do to try and drum up a bit of goodwill? They've made some changes to the stadium and want to show the fans what they've done by inviting them down to the stadium for a FREE event!

Compare that kind of marketing with the last game at the Ninian Park 'celebration' and it's at least a step in the right direction.

No downer from me. They just need to "do it large". And I need a new radio for my Focus.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:06 am

The Tonker wrote:How about playing a football match?

I think there's one the day after.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:08 am

Happy Days wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Why is everyone on a huge downer about the things the club do to try and drum up a bit of goodwill? They've made some changes to the stadium and want to show the fans what they've done by inviting them down to the stadium for a FREE event!

No downer from me. They just need to "do it large". And I need a new radio for my Focus.

Apologies if my reply seemed terse. I did not realise you were a Focus owner.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Happy Days wrote:

Apologies if my reply seemed terse. I did not realise you were a Focus owner.

I didn't wish to draw attention to it, but what can I say, I've done pretty well for myself I won't lie to you.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am

How about a 'Dog Roast'... I know, I know, I'll press the autoreport button coat
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

We could play pin the hamstring on Rudy or repeatedly make Hudson hoof the ball from his own half toward bucket on a stick attached to Dekel Keinan's head like a bonnet by shouting 'shoot' from the stands
Rhonddared
Rhonddared
Academy Player
User Points : 32
Posting Flair : 0

PostRhonddared Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:05 pm

I've ordered a few tickets,I like a hog roast.

Want to see what offers are in the shop.
Officer Crabtree
Officer Crabtree
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1306
Posting Flair : 124

PostOfficer Crabtree Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:13 pm

I think the poster should've just read:-

HOG ROAST.

CCS

10th August.

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostHappy Days Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Valley Trash wrote:How about a 'Dog Roast'... I know, I know, I'll press the autoreport button coat

A Dog Roast is a tremendous idea. We don't eat anywhere near enough dog in this country, it's tremendously under rated meat. There's plenty of them around and they taste delicious, nothing better than a St Bernard rump steak, chunky chips and a cold beer.

They could even do a B-Y-O.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 pm

More could always be done really, was always going to be the way. You can never satisfy everyone.

More squad interaction would definetely be fun though, and an easy way to make money. One pound to take a penalty against Marshall, another pound to try and save one against Mason or Etien? Split the team into two groups of six, called red and blue team. Then offer 10 prizes of taking a spot on red or blue team and taking part in a 30 minute match? I know I'd give all these a go.
Rhonddared
Rhonddared
Academy Player

PostRhonddared Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Happy Days wrote:
Valley Trash wrote:How about a 'Dog Roast'... I know, I know, I'll press the autoreport button coat

A Dog Roast is a tremendous idea. We don't eat anywhere near enough dog in this country, it's tremendously under rated meat. There's plenty of them around and they taste delicious, nothing better than a St Bernard rump steak, chunky chips and a cold beer.

They could even do a B-Y-O.

I always thought we should have dog at xmas rather than turkey, then everyone can have a leg.
Rhonddared
Rhonddared
Academy Player

PostRhonddared Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Red614 wrote:More could always be done really, was always going to be the way. You can never satisfy everyone.

More squad interaction would definetely be fun though, and an easy way to make money. One pound to take a penalty against Marshall, another pound to try and save one against Mason or Etien? Split the team into two groups of six, called red and blue team. Then offer 10 prizes of taking a spot on red or blue team and taking part in a 30 minute match? I know I'd give all these a go.

Some good ideas there CCS "Re opening" 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum