View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 am

Interesting debate on one of the other boards about what next for Malky if he is forced out.

Bright young manager that he is, would another PL club be prepared to take him given the shambolic nature of his transfer dealings and the team's dour performances this year......?

Suggestions were that WBA might be interested, but maybe a safer haven for him might be back to Watford.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:52 am

This situation breeds massive sympathy for him. Yes we've all become massively frustrated with his tactics, and his transfer dealings have been suspect, but it can't be easy with a grade A tosser like Tan waiting for you to make one false move. I for one am wondering if anything would be different if Malky wasnt a mArked man from the start .

And if go to Watfors if I was him. He's loved there, it's a good business set up over there, and premiership football oncemore could be just around the corner.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:59 am

Don't know about loved - they hated him for leaving and coming back for Cowie but I suppose they might see him as an easy acceptable replacement now.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 am

Yes, perhaps Watford would be the only place left open to him for now... Maybe Cowie might go back with him. We can only hope.. (Okay, perhaps a bit harsh on Don as he's played alright this season so far I guess)
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 am

Mackay's position has now become untenable. He and Vincent Tan have taken their dispute into the public domain and it appears following tonight's statement that the issues that divide them have not been resolved. I'm not convinced that Moody was sacked because of an overspend. Surely Simon Lim, the Chief Executive would have had to sanctions all tranfer fees, players wages and agents fees etc. So if there was an overspend it would have been his responsibility not Moody's or Mackay. More than likely it is to do with how the money has been spent, and probably what he considers to be money wasted on players such as Brayford, Vilikonja and others. Mackay has done a brilliant job, in my opinion, but as it appears that he and Vincent Tan have been unable to resolve their differences then there can only be one winner. I'm afraid MM is on his way, sooner rather than later.
Code:
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:29 am

Did I read somewhere that tan had signed Velikonja?
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

U did read that ronnie, apparently tan and mourinho met, mourinho told tan to sign velcro, so he did, Is Malky Damaged Goods? 692773407 laughable cos its pathetic
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:U did read that ronnie, apparently tan and mourinho met, mourinho told tan to sign velcro, so he did, :sniggers:laughable cos its pathetic

God help us
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Phil Blue/Red wrote:Mackay's position has now become untenable. He and Vincent Tan have taken their dispute into the public domain and it appears following tonight's statement that the issues that divide them have not been resolved. I'm not convinced that Moody was sacked because of an overspend. Surely Simon Lim, the Chief Executive would have had to sanctions all tranfer fees, players wages and agents fees etc. So if there was an overspend it would have been his responsibility not Moody's or Mackay. More than likely it is to do with how the money has been spent, and probably what he considers to be money wasted on players such as Brayford, Vilikonja and others. Mackay has done a brilliant job, in my opinion, but as it appears that he and Vincent Tan have been unable to resolve their differences then there can only be one winner. I'm afraid MM is on his way, sooner rather than later.  

Good post, particularly the point about sanctioning the spend. There had to be a formal sign-off process, surely?

Moody brought in a few duds, no doubt about that.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Malky has done an interview with Radio Wales this morning in which he says he won't be resigning.
The 15 minute interview will be on tonight at 7pm.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Good on you malky, If tan wants malky out he has to pay, win win situation for malky
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 am

I wonder what Tan will do next to try and get Malky to walk?
Battle lines have been drawn and all this duelling in public will do our club no good at all.

Really good advert for floating a company on the stock market!  Is Malky Damaged Goods? 2854552383 

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum