Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

blueheaven1927
blueheaven1927
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 747
Posting Flair : 70

Postblueheaven1927 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Is Craig Bellamy the marquee signing that we have heard about and if so do we have enough fire power to mount a serious promotion challenge. Brilliant news that Bellamy is coming back and is pace and drive is something we sadly missed last season i also reckon he could be good for 15 goals this season.

However if you look at our current striking options do we have enough goals in the side?????

Bellamy - Has i said think he can get us 15 plus goals

Velikonja (Sp) New to the Championship will take time to settle maybe 12 - 15 goals

Joe Mason - Could he be the 20 goal striker we need if Joe pushes on he could get 15 - 20 goals

Helgusson - If he stays fit another player who could get us 15 plus goals

Gestade - Too injury prone might go out on loan never going to be prolific

Earnie - Unlikely to feature could be on the way out?

Obviously goals to come from midfield with Whitts, Gunnarson and Kim maybe 25 - 30 goals between them?

So do we have enough fire power ideally i would like to see that Striker who could gaurantee us 20 goals plus and the i think we would be in with a real shout of automatic.

However Malky uses Helgusson, Bellamy with Mason playing off them and Kim and Conway playing wide there could be goals a plenty but the key might be the fitness of Helgusson and Bellamy they are likely to miss at least 10 games each and we are then relying on Velikonja to come up with the goods.

What does everyone think????? Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough???????? 4228682415

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Personally, when it was on the table I'd of sold Earnie and Rudy, and used their fees to subsidise the big one we'd need for Jordan Rhodes. English striker (tall!) who was undisputedly the best striker in any English league beyond the premiership. Yes he's from league 1 but i feel he would settle a lot faster than someone like Etien who comes from a completely different ethos. He looks most likely I be off to Blackburn who have him for less than 5 million, with our apparent firepower I'd of liked to mount a better challenge.
blueheaven1927
blueheaven1927
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 747
Posting Flair : 70

Postblueheaven1927 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah agree Jordan Rhodes could have been the missing piece of the jigsaw and for less than 5m if we really going for it then it has to be worth the gamble Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough???????? 3392635135
ccfcforever
ccfcforever
Academy Player
User Points : 66
Posting Flair : 20
http://paulgronow.com

Postccfcforever Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 pm

I believe - with the addition of Craig Bellamy - that we’ll have enough firepower in this new team, in this new season & in this new chapter in Cardiff City's History to become serious contenders...

Why?

Well for me one thing's for sure; Malky is at last able to push forward with his long-term plan... I for one am really looking forward to watching the blend of experience & speed from the younger players. (I hope there's a place for Joe Mason in this team)???

I have however a slight concern about our defence!

We seem to be well covered in midfield & getting there in attack but for me our defensive options are still limited... What about Darcy in the starting 11?

Is this just me, or is it going to be a case that our defence unit will be tighter this year, or will Cardiff just seek to out-score their opponents?

For me, I would like to see 2 solid defenders come in to help us keep things tight & fresh at the back…
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Well, the possibility of our plan being to win every game 5-4 or 7-6 would definetely make this season exciting Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough???????? 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Well, the possibility of our plan being to win every game 5-4 or 7-6 would definetely make this season exciting Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough???????? 692773407
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1075
Posting Flair : 130

PostAlbany Blue Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 am

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 am

Craig Bellamy fantastic news but is it enough???????? 2854552383
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:25 am

I honestly believe malky hasn't finished shopping yet.
Personally i think it would be crazy if the owners spent £5-7 million assembling a squad but just left it 1 or 2 players short of a serious promotion challenge.

Malky has said in all his interviews some transfers may go up to august 31st and i have no reason to disbelieve him.

If gerrard goes, we will definitely need another centre back of similar ability (but better attitude) to cover turner and hudson. And that wouldn't cost too much.
We need two full backs possibly on loan to strengthen and add cover to those positions.
That would leave us just needing a quality proven striker (hopefully with pace) to give that bit of extra fire power.

Of the names being mentioned i'd personally prefer maynard to rhodes.
I watched rhodes a few times last season and though in front of goal he is absolutely incredible, there is nothing else about his game that stands out to me. he's not particularly quick, he doesn't seem to be too good with his back to goal either but he's definitely a poacher in the ian rush ilk.
Maynard on the other hand is quick, proven at championship level and can play as a one striker as he proved in a poor bristol team
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 am

Pfft, you guys need to grow up. Im working with children.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum